Sunday, January 25, 2009

First Teaching Experience


When watching the videoes I thought that for the amount of time that everyone had to prepare we all did good at introducing ourselves and showing the skills that we were presenting. I decided to explain how to perform a push pass and a bounce pass in basketball. Personally some of the things that I need to work on is projecting my voice and keep my hands out of my pockets. I thought seeing yourself on the screen was an effective way to see yourself teach. It enabled me to see that I need to speak up so that I can effectively explain the drill to the class. I also realized that I forget to mention how to be ready when recieving the basketball which is an important factor in the skill. This introductory helped to see the little flaws that everyone needs to work on.

1 comment:

Exergame Lab said...

Kaitlyn,
You're right on about doing well despite no time to prepare and voice projection. We will help you improve it as it is so crucial to teaching well.